Unfortunately, the book has been out of print for many years, but Amazon and other online booksellers usually have used copies available.
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
Making the Dry Griddle Cake Mix
- Mix together the basic mix ingredients and store in an airtight container for later use.
Making the Griddle Cakes
- To 1 1/2 cups of the dry mix (above), add the egg and milk and mix together.
- Then gradually mix in the margarine until the batter is smooth.
- To bake, spoon a ladle of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Turn when the top of the griddle cake develops tiny bubbles. Cook the other side and serve immediately with butter and fresh Maple Syrup.